What kinds of personal information do we collect?
- Members, collaborating artists, professional musicians, service providers and contractors;
- Audience members and subscribers; and
- Other people who come into contact with Voyces and our members.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
- It is necessary for one or more of our activities;
- It is collected lawfully and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner;
- It is collected from the individual to whom the information relates (where personal information is collected from someone else, reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the individual is made aware).
- From you directly when you provide your details to us;
- From you indirectly through telephone conversations, emails, the audition process, forms, applications for and participation in our programmes such as Voyces Aspire, attendance at performances, meetings, business cards and telephone conversations and through use of our website, ticket booking websites, blogs and other social media outlets to which you contribute; and
Why do we collect and hold personal information?
- To conduct our activities;
- To market our activities and performances;
- To communicate with you;
- To purchase goods or services;
- To comply with our legal obligations; and
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members.
Contacting Voyces about your personal information
You have the right to access, update or remove your personal information from our database. If you wish to access your personal information, correct or update your personal information, be removed from our database or lodge a complaint, please contact us so the appropriate action can be taken. You can contact us as follows: by post to PO Box 3302, East Perth WA 6892, by calling 0433 257 677 or sending an email to email@example.com.